How Are Foreclosures being Listed by the REO Agent? With minimal foreclosures in the North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Charlestown and Narragansett RI towns, the hunkering down for the scavenger hunt for these foreclosed homes is on for the buyers. It is amazing that some of these bank REO agents do not have a clue of their inventory of their foreclosed homes. In fact, if I were a betting gal, I do not think that the REO agent has set foot on these properties except to the front door to put the lockbox on.
What's going wrong here - well let me count the ways?
- Put living square footage on the MLS list that must have been for the other home you were listing today
- Winterization property is not in effect even though you were told it is.
- No mold addendum. Well you better get one quick because it is brewing in the attic right now.
- Cesspool so noted. Guess what - I brought my septic man and pulled the department of environmental management records on line and there is a twenty year old septic in place.
- Town tax assessment listed on MLS for $60,000 more than the town says it has on record.
Now the intention of the Bank is to sell this property but I am not sure that is the goal of the REO agent. This is not to 'besmearch' the agents who do a good job... but come on get the information right so I can sell this property for you. Or is the intention here to promote a foreclosure with wrong information so YOU the REO agent gets the buyer and seller into a contract?!
I can't even go on how the offer went with this cash buyer because the bank is going by incorrect information on this one of many of their REO files. It did not go well. This is no waterfront home in these communities either. Who is helping and who is hurting the movement of foreclosed homes here for my Washington County community? I am on to the next one with my buyer to see if we get the bank with the listing agent to has it together (okay, so am I in dream land). How are Foreclosures being Listed by the REO Agent?
This blog © and its contents is original to Ginny Lacey Gorman
Ginny L. Gorman a purveyor of Fine Waterfront RI Real Estate
Specializing in waterfront, ocean front, vacation, coastal and luxury homes for sale in North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Narragansett, Jamestown, Charlestown, East Greenwich, Exeter, West Greenwich, Westerly RI and beyond ... I sell dreams! because there is no place like home...the RI Realtor in the Sparkly Red Shoes.
Looking for a terrific Rhode Island Realtor? Let me GOOGLE one for you!
cell: 401.529.7849 office: 401.884.4100 ext.268 Ginny Lacey Gorman, Realtor