Get Ready for Snow Storm in RI and the Northeast
When it comes at us it comes large in the winter and real estate grinds to a halt as clients and real estate agents get ready for the snow and staying safe.
Here is a quick list of RI snow preparedness items to do in the next day:
- 3 days of storm supplies on hand. Water, granola bars, fruit and non refrigerated items
- Generator. If you have one, get it ready with enough gas for it.
- Batteries and flashlights. At least 2 sets of 'D' size batteries for each flashlight should last a week without electricity.
- Radio with batteries.
- Tarps. Broken windows, roof leaks are all possibilities here so have something that can go over them.
- Ziploc bags. Put cash, license, insurance policy, house deed, credit cards, cell phone, computer and all important papers in water tight containers.
- Digital and video cameras. Before the storm take a video tour of the inside and outside of your home, upload privately to YouTube or Photo Sharing private service. You may need these to document any insurance damage and you will have it.
- Pet needs. If you have to go to a shelter or a friends home, you must make arrangements with another party to take your pets in for you so get food, leashes and pet crates ready.
- Plan. Notify all family members who your contact person will be out of area if they can't reach you. This is the person you will get in touch with if communication is not possible. Have a center point location established that you will all meet at if the power and communication lines are down. Our RI real estate is at risk with this one...let us be safe with our lives.
Now get going today to get organized. Snow Preparedness - Be Prepared - Must Do's for RI Real Estate.
This blog © and its contents is original to Ginny Lacey Gorman
Ginny L. Gorman, a purveyor of Fine RI Waterfront Real Estate
Specializing in waterfront, ocean front, vacation, coastal and luxury homes for sale in North Kingstown, South Kingstown, Narragansett, Jamestown, Charlestown, East Greenwich, Exeter, West Greenwich RI and beyond ... I sell dreams! Because there is no place like home...the RI Real Estate Agent in the Sparkly Red Shoes.
Looking for a knowledgeable Rhode Island Real Estate Agent? Let me GOOGLE one for you!
cell: 401.529.7849 Ginny Lacey Gorman, Realtor